1. * Victor's Vow: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best ___ ability, preserve, protect, and defend..." (See #21A for a Related Clue)
4. * The Election of November 7th, 2000 takes place on it
11. * Presidential Palace: The White ___
13. * ELECTION FLASHBACK: This President was elected by the House of Representatives which had to break a deadlock in the Electoral College that existed between him and Aaron Burr (who became his Vice-President)
15. Social insect
16. Charged lepton
18. * The Democratic Party Convention 2000 was held here, for short
19. Mary Pickford co-founded this org.
20. * Reply given by a Presidential Candidate when asked who the winner will be
21. * Continued from #1A: "...the ___ of the United States."
25. * Some Presidential hopefuls will see their popularity ___ in the polls prior to Election Day
26. Humans breath it
27. Airline letters
28. * Some will do it on November 7th, 2000
32. Bird that cannot fly
33. Letter of the Greek alphabet
34. Warm season, in France
36. * ELECTION 2000: Pursuer of the Presidency
39. * A new President is elected every four what?
42. * College Roommate of the Candidate at #59A: Tommy ___ Jones
44. Force: Latin
47. Hit Hard
48. * For Example: Education, Foreign Policy and Health Care
53. Steering in the UK
54. Food scrap
55. Negatively charged atom
56. * ELECTION 2000: Washington Wannabe
59. * ELECTION 2000: Being just a Vice wasn't still Nice for this Gore any More
61. French pronoun
62. In the vicinity of
63. Part of a James Dean movie title
64. Chicken King connecter
65. * This President was elected, defeated, then elected again
69. * Best-selling Book written by the Candidate at #59A: "___ in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit"
71. * Childhood Claim: "When I grow up, I'm going to be the President of the United States of ___!"
72. * The Candidate at #59A supports it, with "Trade"
1. * The Facts of Politics: The new President will be IN the Oval Office. The former President will be ___ of the Oval Office.
2. * Legendary singer who rallied support behind JFK's bid for the Presidency
3. * Upon leaving the Oval Office, some Presidents choose to write a what?
4. Camper's shelter
5. It'll turn "ology" into the study of Flying Saucers
6. Gee forerunner
7. * #56A opposes any Tax increases for it, with "Social"
8. Expression of annoyance
10. Question to a Job Applicant seeking a Courier Position: "Do ___ a car?"
11. Performer who likes the camera
13. * ELECTION 2000 - Running Mate of #59A: ___ Lieberman
14. Mouskouri the Singer
17. Australia's nickname, partially
21. Office Worker, minus the "rk"
22. Master body for tech changes to the Web
23. Flooring choice
24. Give Try connecter
28. Volcano opening
29. "Granny" in Germany
30. Two performers, minus the "D"
31. School grade
35. Egyptian cobras
38. * Former occupation of #59A
40. Cafeteria Comment: "I'll have ___ on the side, please."
41. Sought-after in Sturgeon
43. * Presidents ___ about $200,000 annually
44. Teacher's notation on work well done
45. Heard at Home: "I'm ___ mood today thanks to that partying going on next door last night."
46. Word with Congestion
48. Certain Cactus
49. Part of Speech, for short
50. Famous judge from a Famous trial
51. Convent dweller's title
52. Scale Syllable (var. sp.)
53. Sensitive to Stuff, minus the "Alle"
57. Icicle holder
58. Pioneering anatomist who is an Honoree in The National Women's Hall of Fame: Florence ___ Sabin (b.1871 - d.1953)
59. Keyboard Key
60. It follows #52D
64. Metric unit of area
66. Alphabet letter
67. Chinese political leader Peng
68. Real Estate listing acronym that's a nice feature in the Summer
70. Famous Physicist (Initials)