1. * Historic event led by Martin Luther King, Jr. on August 28th, 1963 which brought more than 200,000 people together (With #23D)
6. Musician (Initials) who is married to supermodel Iman
8. * Convicted killer who was sentenced to a 99-year prison term for the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. on April 4th, 1968 in Memphis, Tennessee (See #54A and #56A for Related Clues): James ___ Ray (b.1928 - d.1998)
14. Ms. Zadora
15. * Because of his philosophy of passive resistance during demonstrations, Reverend King was arrested at times, and locked up in one
16. Explosive letters
17. * Famous speech made by Reverend King at #1A: "I Have ___..."
22. * The demonstrations led by Dr. King and others meant the gradual end to this discriminatory sign and law
25. Food from a Tube in a Hosp.
26. Rounded bread
28. The last letter of the alphabet in Britain or Canada
30. Roman emperor
32. Poetic contraction
33. Not there
34. With no improvements to be made
35. Sporty org.
36. Pro sports org.
37. Gibson the Heartthrob
38. * A federal investigation in 1977-1978 by the House Select Committee on Assassinations found that although there was a likelihood that #8A did not act ___ in planning the assassination of Dr. King, he ___ pulled the trigger on the rifle he aimed from a rooming house across from the Lorraine Motel where King was staying while mediating a sanitation workers' strike
40. Mr. Donaldson
43. Locale of Tel Aviv, for short
45. Spreadsheet Spot
46. Precipitation of ice pellets
48. * In 1998, she re-opened a limited investigation into the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.: Attorney General Janet ___
50. A lifeguard needs to know how to do it, for short
51. Elton John's instrument
53. Bring to court
54. * Dr. King's ___ Dexter and other members of the King family believed in the innocence of #8A
55. Suffix to "Sulfur"
56. * Word with Theory
59. "Fancy that!"
62. Service Station Suggestion: "Give ___ of oil. You can find one over there stacked on that stand near the other cars."
63. Egyptian King, commonly
64. Koppel and Turner
67. Suffix to "Sulf"
68. * After earning his Bachelor in Divinity at this seminary in 1951, Martin Luther King, Jr. earned his Ph.D at Boston University, in 1955: ___ Theological Seminary
71. Hunter's device
72. Point on a mariner's compass
73. Sleep loudly
1. Famed cellist: Yo-Yo ___
2. * Dr. King practiced and promoted Civil Rights ___ that was conducted in a peaceful and nonviolent way
3. Smallest animal in a litter
4. * Because they were segregated, Martin Luther King, Jr. led the boycott of these in Montgomery, Alabama after Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat to a white passenger, on December 1st, 1955
5. Tallness, tinily
6. One who is eating more healthily
7. What the sheep did
8. Chuck out, without the "ect"
9. Milne who wrote "Winnie-the-Pooh" (1926)
10. Type of Turtle
11. * A #56A that exists is that ___ Jowers, an owner (in 1968) of a Memphis bar called "Jim's Grill", was given $100,000 by a Memphis produce dealer in order to hire a hit man to murder King --and the killer he hired wasn't #8A, according to Jowers
13. A what is a telltale sign that someone is bored?
14. * In 1964, Martin Luther King, Jr. was awarded it, with "Nobel"
18. Lawrence the Writer
19. Feminist magazine
21. Pocket bread
23. * See #1A
24. It'll make "ter" More Tidy
27. * The ___ Congress declared that the third Monday in Jan. would be a national holiday in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr., beginning in 1986
31. Item that's part of a businessman's attire
32. Bird of Minerva
33. Exercise device, with "Rocker"
35. * Dr. King criticized the ___ in Vietnam
36. Recently purchased
39. And not
41. Driver's org.
42. * Following family tradition, Martin Luther King, Jr. was ordained in 1947 and became the ___ in 1954 of a Baptist church in Montgomery, Alabama (See #68A for a Related Clue)
44. "Big deal!"
47. It completes "Ness Monster"
48. One who lays or repairs the tops of houses
49. Sea eagle (var. sp.)
50. * Someone authorized to conduct religious worship (See #42D for a Related Clue)
51. European river that flows to the Adriatic Sea
52. * Martin Luther King, Jr.'s wife whom he married in 1953: Coretta ___ King
53. * Mode of demonstration against racial discrimination led by Dr. King
54. BoyBand: N*___
57. The 16th letter of the Greek alphabet
58. Locale of Los Angeles on an env.
60. Anise-flavored Greek liquor
65. Martin Sheen movie
66. Editor's notation
69. Singer (Initials) of "Maggie May"
70. Memo abbr.