by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Find more crosswords, quizzes and gamesLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: Tolkien
1. * "One Ring to rule ___ all, One Ring to find ___, One Ring to bring ___ all and in the darkness bind ___."
5. Medieval tale (var. sp. & bkwds.)
9. Ms. Rand, and others
13. Norway's capital
14. * msahC kcalB ehT
16. * Telperion = The Silver ___
17. * Something in The Shire
19. Pivoted device
20. Go downhill
21. Where a train stops (abbr.)
22. Metric unit of volume (abbr.)
24. Anger (bkwds.)
25. And then
27. Suffix that means "like"
29. * "thginK neerG eht dna ___ riS" :skrow s'neikloT fo rehtonA
31. * The rightful ___ the kingdom of Gondor is #30D
34. pu gnirB
36. * The Firstborn of Ilúvatar (bkwds.)
37. * The fortress of Saruman
40. The Beatles covered this song
41. Said in the Store: "I think I'll ___ the new merchandise with our sale prices."
42. Those who share the name of the model Angelina Jolie portrayed in a biographical film
44. * Tolkien language
46. * For Example: "The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" (2001)
47. Question for the Real Estate Agent: "Is the ___ open-concept design?"
48. * It flowed through the northerly parts of Mirkwood, with River
49. * The Council of ___ (It decided the fate of the One Ring)
52. Frosty ...flipped around?
54. Initials of the star of "The Deep" (1977)
55. * What a Tolkien character engaged in a sword fight might do
56. Cheery (bkwds.)
58. * Avoider of the sunlight
60. Apply lightly
63. Said of the Wagon stuck-in-the-mud: "If ___ on the rope, maybe it'll budge."
65. * The one that Sauron has is yellow
68. * Parent's delight: "I brought the kids to the theater to see director Peter Jackson's first part of the Tolkien trilogy, and ___ loved it as much as I did!"
69. * The Ringbearer
70. Arm bone
71. * Bilbo Baggins (Character played by Ian ___ in The Fellowship of the Ring)
72. * Tolkien wrote it: "Tree and ___"
73. Variety of Valley
1. * dnalsI htuoS s'dnalaeZ weN fo ytuaeb citoxe eht ni ___ saw ygolirt neikloT ehT
2. hsoG'B ___hsO :sdiK rof reihtolC
3. * What #69A becomes when he wears the One Ring ...but backwards?
4. Pack of People
5. * Most of the actors who played the parts of the members of the Fellowship in the first Lord of the Rings installment each got the exact ___ that reads "nine" in the symbols of one of Tolkien's invented languages (Nine is the number of members in the Fellowship)
6. * stnerap sih htiw acirfA htuoS ni devil neikloT ,doohdlihc ylrae yrev ___
7. Metallic Mineral ...but it's backwards?
8. * The One Ring is made of it
9. .gro loohcS
11. * Character (bkwds.) portrayed by Liv Tyler in The Fellowship of the Ring
12. * "maH fo ___ remraF" :neikloT yb yrotS trohS
15. * J.R.R. Tolkien's view on his epic The Lord of the Rings trilogy was that there was no hidden what behind it?
18. * Said at a screening of The Fellowship of the Ring: "This __ such a great adaptation of the first part in Tolkien's trilogy."
23. sreveD .sM
26. * Mr. Bloom (Portrayer of Legolas in The Fellowship of the Ring)
28. * The ___ of #30D (a.k.a. Strider) is to be King
30. * Member of the Fellowship
31. * sniatnuoM ___: rodroM fo redrob nrehtron eht fo egnaR
32. Scottish knife (bkwds.)
33. New Zealand opera singer: Kiri ___ Kanawa
35. * He plays the part of Boromir in The Fellowship of the Ring (With #62D)
37. * Asked at School: "Do you think either _ __ _ member of the English Department would be able to lecture on the subject of Tolkien this semester?"
38. * Hidden refuge in the Misty Mountains
41. * He's a powerful wizard
43. * The Lord of the Rings is ___ in the fantasy landscape of Middle-earth
45. Refuse to grant
46. Calendar part, for short
48. * The One Ring must be destroyed in it: The ___ Mount Doom
49. * Miss Bratt (Childhood sweetheart-turned-wife of J.R.R. Tolkien)
50. Prefix that means "Stone"
51. * John Ronald ___ Tolkien (Born on January 3rd, 1892. Died on September 2nd, 1973)
53. Complaint in the Restaurant: "My soup ...it's ___ bit."
57. Song on the album "Rubber Soul" (1965)
59. * Mr. Lewis the Writer (Friend of Tolkien's when he was a professor at Oxford University in England)
61. * Her song "May it Be" is on the soundtrack to The Lord of the Rings (bkwds.)
62. * See #35D
64. Place to work out, commonly
66. Buck's honey
67. Sweet Stuff, without the "ar"
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.