advisory: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ad-v?'zu-r?), [key]
? adj., n., pl. -ries.
- of, giving, or containing advice: an advisory letter from a stockbroker.
- having the power or duty to advise: an advisory council.
- a report on existing or predicted conditions, often with advice for dealing with them: an investment advisory.
- an announcement or bulletin that serves to advise and usually warn the public, as of some potential hazard: a health advisory; a travelers' advisory.
- an announcement from the U.S. National Weather Service to keep the public informed about the progress of a potentially dangerous weather condition:Cf. warning (def. 3),(def. 23). hurricane advisory; tornado advisory.
- advisory (Thesaurus)