Meaning of ana
Pronunciation: (an'u, ä'nu), [key]
- a collection of miscellaneous information about a particular subject, person, place, or thing.
- an item in such a collection, as an anecdote, a memorable saying, etc.
Pronunciation: (an'u), [key]
- (of ingredients in pharmaceutical prescriptions) in equal quantities; of each. Symbol: &aamacr;, āa
- a prefix in loanwords from Greek, where it means “up,” “against,” “back,” “re-”:used in the formation of compound words: anabasis;
- a suffix that forms collective nouns denoting an assembly of items, as household objects, art, books, or maps, or a description of such items, as a bibliography, all of which are representative of or associated with the place, person, or period named by the stem: Americana; Shakespeareana; Victoriana.
- American Newspaper Association.
- American Nurses Association.
- Association of National Advertisers.
- ana (Thesaurus)