Meaning of Australian
Pronunciation: (ô-strāl'yun), [key]
- of or pertaining to Australia, its inhabitants, or their languages.
- belonging to a geographical division comprising Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Celebes, the Moluccas, Papua New Guinea, and adjacent smaller islands.
- belonging or pertaining to a geographical division comprising Australia and Tasmania.
- a native or inhabitant of Australia.
- an Aborigine of Australia.
- the phylum of languages spoken by the Aborigines of Australia, consisting of more than a hundred languages.
- Australian (Thesaurus)