Meaning of block house
- a firm that specializes in block trades.
Pronunciation: (blok'hous"), [key]
— pl. -hous•es
- a fortified structure with ports or loopholes through which defenders may direct gunfire.
- Also called(formerly) a building, usually of hewn timber and with a projecting upper story, having loopholes for musketry.
- a house built of squared logs.
- a structure near a launching site for rockets, generally made of heavily reinforced concrete, for housing and protecting personnel, electronic controls, and auxiliary apparatus before and during launching operations.
- block house (Thesaurus)