Meaning of campaign
Pronunciation: (kam-pān'), [key]
- military operations for a specific objective.
- Obs.the military operations of an army in the field for one season.
- a systematic course of aggressive activities for some specific purpose: a sales campaign.
- the competition by rival political candidates and organizations for public office.
- to serve in or go on a campaign: He planned to campaign for the candidate. He campaigned in France.
- to race (a horse, boat, car, etc.) in a number or series of competitions.
- campaign (Thesaurus)