Meaning of Chantilly
Pronunciation: (shan-til'ē Fr. shän-tē-yē'), [key]
- a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture. 10,684.
- (sometimes l.c.) Also calleda delicate silk, linen, or synthetic bobbin lace, in black or white, scalloped along one edge and often having an outlined design of scrolls or vases or baskets of flowers, widely used for bridal gowns and evening gowns.
- a dessert topping of whipped cream, sweetening, and flavoring, esp. vanilla.
- mousseline (def. 1).
- (of cream) whipped and flavored, esp. with vanilla.
- (of food) prepared or served with whipped cream: strawberries Chantilly.