Meaning of clinical
Pronunciation: (klin'i-kul), [key]
- pertaining to a clinic.
- concerned with or based on actual observation and treatment of disease in patients rather than experimentation or theory.
- extremely objective and realistic; dispassionately analytic; unemotionally critical: She regarded him with clinical detachment.
- pertaining to or used in a sickroom: a clinical bandage.
- (of a sacrament) administered on a deathbed or sickbed.
- (of a convert or conversion) made on a deathbed or sickbed.
- clinical (Thesaurus)