Meaning of cold turkey
— Informal. Informal.
- abrupt and complete withdrawal from the use of an addictive substance, as a narcotic drug, alcohol, or tobacco.
- to stop using an addictive substance abruptly and completely.
- to undergo sudden and complete withdrawal from a habitual activity or behavior pattern.
- to begin or do something without planning, preparation, or practice.
Pronunciation: (kōld'tûr'kē), [key]
— Slang. Slang.
- to withdraw from (an addictive substance or a habit) abruptly and completely.
- to withdraw from an addictive substance or a habit abruptly and completely.
- abrupt and complete: cold-turkey withdrawal from drugs.
- cold turkey (Thesaurus)