dismount: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.dis-mount'n.dis-mount', dis'mount&sec), [key]
- to get off or alight from a horse, bicycle, etc.
- to bring or throw down, as from a horse; unhorse; throw: The horse twisted and bucked and finally dismounted its rider.
- to remove (a thing) from its mounting, support, setting, etc.: to dismount a picture.
- to take (a mechanism) to pieces.
- an act or process of dismounting.
- a move by which a gymnast gets off an apparatus or finishes a floor exercise, usually landing upright on the feet.
- dismount (Thesaurus)