Meaning of dribble
Pronunciation: (drib'ul), [key]
— v., n. -bled, -bling,
- to fall or flow in drops or small quantities; trickle.
- to drivel; slaver.
- to advance a ball or puck by bouncing it or giving it a series of short kicks or pushes.
- to let fall in drops.
- Basketball.to bounce (the ball) as in advancing or keeping control of it.
- (esp. in ice hockey and soccer) to move (the ball or puck) along by a rapid succession of short kicks or pushes.
- a small trickling stream or a drop.
- a small quantity of anything: a dribble of revenue.
- an act or instance of dribbling a ball or puck.
- a drizzle; a light rain.
- dribble (Thesaurus)