Meaning of duplex
Pronunciation: (d'pleks, dy'-), [key]
- paper or cardboard having different colors, finishes, or stocks on opposite sides.
- a method of reproducing an illustration using two halftone plates, one black and the other in a color.
- a printing press equipped to print both sides of a sheet in one pass.
- a double-stranded region of DNA.
- having two parts; double; twofold.
- (of a machine) having two identical working units, operating together or independently, in a single framework or assembly.
- pertaining to or noting a telecommunications system, as most telephone systems, permitting the simultaneous transmission of two messages in opposite directions over one channel.
- to make duplex; make or change into a duplex: Many owners are duplexing their old houses for extra income.
- duplex (Thesaurus)