Meaning of escudo
Pronunciation: (e-sk'dō Port. es-k'd&oobreve Sp. es-k'&thslashô), [key]
— pl. -dos
- a coin and monetary unit of Portugal and Cape Verde, equal to 100 centavos.
- a former coin and monetary unit of Angola, Guinea-Bissau, and Mozambique.
- a former paper money and monetary unit of Chile, equal to 100 condors or 1000 pesos, replaced by the new peso in 1975.
- any of various former gold coins of Spain, Spanish America, and Portugal.
- a former silver coin of Spain, discontinued in 1868.
- escudo (Thesaurus)