intensity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-ten'si-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the quality or condition of being intense.
- great energy, strength, concentration, vehemence, etc., as of activity, thought, or feeling: He went at the job with great intensity.
- a high or extreme degree, as of cold or heat.
- the degree or extent to which something is intense.
- a high degree of emotional excitement; depth of feeling: The poem lacked intensity and left me unmoved.
- the strength or sharpness of a color due esp. to its degree of freedom from admixture with its complementary color.
- magnitude, as of energy or a force per unit of area, volume, time, etc.
- the correlate of physical energy and the degree of loudness of a speech sound.
- the relative carrying power of vocal utterance.
- intensity (Thesaurus)