Meaning of markup
Pronunciation: (märk'up"), [key]
- the amount added by a seller to the cost of a commodity to cover expenses and profit in fixing the selling price.
- the difference between the cost price and the selling price, computed as a percentage of either the selling price or the cost price.
- an increase in price, as of a commodity.
- the amount by which a price is increased.
- the putting of a legislative bill into final form.
- a detailed instruction, usually written on a manuscript to be typeset, concerning style of type, makeup of pages, and the like.
- markup (Thesaurus)