radiant: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rā'dē-unt), [key]
- emitting rays of light; shining; bright: the radiant sun; radiant colors.
- bright with joy, hope, etc.: radiant smiles; a radiant future.
- emitted or propagated by radiation.
- noting a partition line having a series of flamelike indentations formed by ogees joined in zigzags; rayonny.
- (of a charge, as an ordinary) having an edge or edges so formed.
- a point or object from which rays proceed.
- the point in the heavens from which a shower of meteors appears to radiate.
- a refractory absorbing and radiating heat from the flames of a gas fireplace or the like.
- radiant (Thesaurus)