Meaning of re-press
Pronunciation: (rē'pres'), [key]
— v.t., v.i.
- to press again or anew.
Pronunciation: (ri-pres'), [key]
- to keep under control, check, or suppress (desires, feelings, actions, tears, etc.).
- to keep down or suppress (anything objectionable).
- to put down or quell (sedition, disorder, etc.).
- to reduce (persons) to subjection.
- to reject (painful or disagreeable ideas, memories, feelings, or impulses) from the conscious mind.
- to initiate or undergo repression.
- re-press (Thesaurus)