Meaning of run-down
Pronunciation: (run'doun'), [key]
- fatigued; weary; exhausted.
- in a state of poor health: He was in a run-down condition from months of overwork.
- in neglected condition; fallen into disrepair: a run-down house.
- (of a spring-operated device) not running because it is unwound.
Pronunciation: (run'doun"), [key]
- a quick review or summary of main points of information, usually oral: This brief rundown of past events will bring you up to date.
- a play in which a base runner is caught between bases by two or more players of the opposing team who toss the ball back and forth in an effort to tag the runner out.
- runoff (def. 4).
- run-down (Thesaurus)