terrestrial: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tu-res'trē-ul), [key]
- pertaining to, consisting of, or representing the earth as distinct from other planets.
- of or pertaining to land as distinct from water.
- growing on land; not aquatic.
- growing in the ground; not epiphytic or aerial.
- living on or in the ground; not aquatic, arboreal, or aerial.
- of or pertaining to the earth or this world; worldly; mundane.
- an inhabitant of the earth, esp. a human being.
- terrestrial (Thesaurus)