Meaning of tie-in
Pronunciation: (tī'in"), [key]
- pertaining to or designating a sale in which the buyer in order to get the item desired must also purchase one or more other, usually undesired, items.
- of or pertaining to two or more products advertised, marketed, or sold together.
- an arrangement or campaign whereby related products are promoted, marketed, or sold together: a book and movie tie-in.
- a tie-in sale or advertisement.
- an item in a tie-in sale or advertisement.
- any direct or indirect link, relationship, or connection: There is a tie-in between smoking and cancer.
- tie-in (Thesaurus)