Meaning of yo-yo
Pronunciation: (yō'yō), [key]
— n., pl. adj., v. -yos,
- a spoollike toy consisting of two thick wooden, plastic, or metal disks connected by a dowel pin in the center to which a string is attached, one end being looped around the player's finger so that the toy can be spun out and reeled in by wrist motion.
- something that fluctuates or moves up and down, esp. suddenly or repeatedly.
- a stupid, foolish, or incompetent person.
- moving up and down or back and forth; fluctuating; vacillating: yo-yo prices; a yo-yo foreign policy.
- to move up and down or back and forth; fluctuate or vacillate: Mortgage rates are still yo-yoing.
- to cause to yo-yo.
- yo-yo (Thesaurus)