biographyof London (2000), a study of the English literary and artistic imagination, Albion (2003), a historical cruise on the Thames (2008), and prose retellings of Chaucer 's Canterbury Tales (2009) and Malory 's Morte d'Arthur (2010). His Foundation (2012), Tudors (2013), and Rebellion (2014) are part of a series on the history of England. Many of Ackroyd's literary critical essays are reprinted in The Collection (2001).
See studies by S. Onega (1999) and J. S. W. Gibson (2000).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: English Literature, 20th cent. to the Present: Biographies
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-