Amariah ăm˝ərī´ə [key], in the Bible.
High priest, son of Meraioth. Perhaps he is the same as
High priest, son of Azariah. Perhaps he is the same as
Ancestor of Ezra. Perhaps he is the same as
High priest under Jehoshaphat. Perhaps he is the same as
Contemporaries of Ezra, perhaps the same person.
A priestly family. See
Ancestor of the prophet Zephaniah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-