Seraiah sĕr˝ərī´ə [key], in the Bible.
1 See Shavsha . 2 High priest under Zedekiah. 3 Companion of Zedekiah. 4 Captain at Mizpah. 5 Father of Joab. 6 Grandfather of Jehu. 7 Leader in the return with Zerubbabel. An alternate form is Azariah. 8 Same as Azariah 24. 9 Officer of Jehoiakim. 10 Sealer of the covenant.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-