winningestcoach (a record Robinson no longer holds), and in 1995 he became the first coach to win 400 games. During his career, more than 200 Grambling players went on to play in the National Football League. At his retirement (1997), Robinson had a record of 408 wins, 165 losses, and 15 ties.
See his autobiography (1999) O. K. Davis, Grambling's Gridiron Glory (1985) A. Wash and P. Webb, ed., Reflections of a Legend: Coach Eddie G. Robinson (1997).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Sports: Biographies
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-