Abijah əbī´jə [key], in the Bible.
1 See Abi . 2 Died c.911 BC, king (c.914–c.911 BC) of Judah, the southern kingdom. He succeeded his father, Rehoboam, and King Jeroboam continued warfare against him. 3 Son of Jeroboam, whose death was used by a prophet to foreshadow the death of Jeroboam. 4 Priestly family. 5 Priests in the return to Jerusalem.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-