Town (1990 pop. 28,700), Norfolk co., E Mass. settled 1678, set off from Dedham and Walpole and inc. 1872. Chiefly residential, its industries include printing and publishing and the manufacture of plastics, apparel, computer software, and electronic equipment.
City (1990 pop. 23,674), Hamilton co., SW Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati settled early 1800s, inc. 1888. Machinery is manufactured.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: U.S. Political Geography
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-