Roots and Shoots,an international children's environmental education program. Her writings include My Friends the Wild Chimpanzees (1967), In the Shadow of Man (1967), The Chimpanzees of Gombe (1986), Reason for Hope (1999), and Hope for Animals and Their World (2009).
See D. Peterson, ed., Africa in My Blood, An Autobiography in Letters: The Early Years (2000) biography by D. Peterson (2006).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Zoology: Biographies
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-