Colorado, University of
Colorado, University of, main campus at Boulder state supported coeducational chartered 1861, opened 1877. There are campuses at Colorado Springs and Denver the Health Sciences Center, with a large medical center, is also at Denver. The university also operates the High Altitude Observatory at Climax. The university museum has a noted collection of materials and specimens relating to the natural history of the Southwest and the Rocky Mountain regions.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-