Animal Hall of Fame Slideshows
The following slideshows illustrate the biggest, smallest, meanest, and fastest animals on Earth
Have you ever wondered which animal is the largest on Earth? The smallest? Follow these slideshows to find out which animals have earned these claims to fame, as well as which are the fastest and meanest. The slideshows include images and fun facts about land and marine mammals, birds, fish, and reptiles.
- Animal Hall of Fame: Biggest
- From the African elephant to the giant walking stick, this slideshow contains images of and fun facts about the worlds’ largest land and marine mammal, bird, fish, reptile, and insect.
- Animal Hall of Fame: Smallest
- Follow this slideshow to learn about the smallest creatures on Earth, from the bumblebee bat to the fairyfly.
- Animal Hall of Fame: Fastest
- You won’t want to challenge any of these animals to a race! Follow this slideshow to see how fast the cheetah, killer whale, peregrine falcon, and sailfish can travel.
- Animal Hall of Fame: Meanest
- Here are some animals you don’t want to upset. Since many animals could claim the title “meanest,” this list is subjective rather than authoritative.
- More from Animal Science