Synonyms of blackening
- 1. blackening, darkening, change of color
- usage: changing to a darker color
- 1. blacken, melanize, melanise, nigrify, black, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: make or become black; "The smoke blackened the ceiling"; "The ceiling blackened"
- 2. char, blacken, sear, scorch, burn
- usage: burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color; "The cook blackened the chicken breast"; "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"; "the flames scorched the ceiling"
All rights reserved.