- 1. blessing, approval, approving, support
- usage: the formal act of approving; "he gave the project his blessing"; "his decision merited the approval of any sensible person"
- 2. blessing, boon, good fortune, luckiness, good luck
- usage: a desirable state; "enjoy the blessings of peace"; "a spanking breeze is a boon to sailors"
- 3. grace, blessing, thanksgiving, prayer, petition, orison
- usage: a short prayer of thanks before a meal; "their youngest son said grace"
- 4. benediction, blessing, prayer, petition, orison
- usage: a ceremonial prayer invoking divine protection
- 5. blessing, benediction, prayer, supplication
- usage: the act of praying for divine protection
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bless, raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth
- usage: give a benediction to; "The dying man blessed his son"
- 2. bless, confer, bestow
- usage: confer prosperity or happiness on
- 3. bless, sign, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- 4. consecrate, bless, hallow, sanctify, declare
- usage: render holy by means of religious rites
All rights reserved.
See also: blessing (Dictionary)