WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Continental
- usage: of or pertaining to or typical of Europe; "a Continental breakfast"
- 2. continental
- usage: of or relating to or concerning the American colonies during and immediately after the American Revolutionary War; "the Continental Army"; "the Continental Congress"
- 3. continental
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of a continent; "the continental divide"; "continental drift"
- 4. continental (vs. intercontinental), continent-wide, transcontinental
- usage: being or concerning or limited to a continent especially the continents of North America or Europe; "the continental United States"; "continental Europe"; "continental waters"
All rights reserved.
See also: continental (Dictionary)