Synonyms of drive out
- 1. chase away, drive out, turn back, drive away, dispel, drive off, run off, move, displace
- usage: force to go away; used both with concrete and metaphoric meanings; "Drive away potential burglars"; "drive away bad thoughts"; "dispel doubts"; "The supermarket had to turn back many disappointed customers"
- 2. rout out, drive out, force out, rouse, move, displace
- usage: force or drive out; "The police routed them out of bed at 2 A.M."
- 3. expectorate, clear out, drive out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: clear out the chest and lungs; "This drug expectorates quickly"
All rights reserved.