WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dichotomy, duality, classification, categorization, categorisation
- usage: being twofold; a classification into two opposed parts or subclasses; "the dichotomy between eastern and western culture"
- 2. duality, wave-particle duality, property
- usage: (physics) the property of matter and electromagnetic radiation that is characterized by the fact that some properties can be explained best by wave theory and others by particle theory
- 3. duality, exchangeability, interchangeability, interchangeableness, fungibility
- usage: (geometry) the interchangeability of the roles of points and planes in the theorems of projective geometry
All rights reserved.
See also: duality (Dictionary)