- 1. farming, agriculture, husbandry, cultivation
- usage: the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock
- 2. farming, land, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life; "farming is a strenuous life"; "there's no work on the land any more"
- 1. farm, work, do work
- usage: be a farmer; work as a farmer; "My son is farming in California"
- 2. farm, collect, take in
- usage: collect fees or profits
- 3. grow, raise, farm, produce, cultivate
- usage: cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques; "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"; "They produce good ham in Parma"; "We grow wheat here"; "We raise hogs here"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agrarian, agricultural, farming(prenominal), rural (vs. urban)
- usage: relating to rural matters; "an agrarian (or agricultural) society"; "farming communities"
All rights reserved.
See also: farming (Dictionary)