Synonyms of fat
- 1. fat, lipid, lipide, lipoid
- usage: a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides); "pizza has too much fat"
- 2. adipose tissue, fat, fatty tissue, animal tissue
- usage: a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy; it also cushions and insulates vital organs; "fatty tissue protected them from the severe cold"
- 3. fatness, fat, blubber, avoirdupois, bodily property
- usage: excess bodily weight; "she disliked fatness in herself as well as in others"
- 1. fatten, fat, flesh out, fill out, plump, plump out, fatten out, fatten up, change, alter, modify
- usage: make fat or plump; "We will plump out that poor starving child"
- 1. fat (vs. thin), abdominous, paunchy, potbellied, blubbery, chubby, embonpoint, plump, buxom, zaftig, zoftig, corpulent, obese, weighty, rotund, double-chinned, jowly, loose-jowled, dumpy, podgy, pudgy, tubby, roly-poly, fattish, fleshy, heavy, overweight, gross, porcine, portly, stout, endomorphic#1, pyknic, rounded, thick
- usage: having an (over)abundance of flesh; "he hadn't remembered how fat she was"
- 2. fat, thick (vs. thin)
- usage: having a relatively large diameter; "a fat rope"
- 3. fatty (vs. nonfat), fat, adipose, buttery, greasy, oily, sebaceous, oleaginous, suety, superfatted
- usage: containing or composed of fat; "fatty food"; "fat tissue"
- 4. fat, juicy, profitable (vs. unprofitable)
- usage: lucrative; "a juicy contract"; "a nice fat job"
- 5. fat, fertile, productive, rich, fruitful (vs. unfruitful)
- usage: marked by great fruitfulness; "fertile farmland"; "a fat land"; "a productive vineyard"; "rich soil"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fat (Dictionary)