Synonyms of fermenting
- 1. zymosis, zymolysis, fermentation, fermenting, ferment, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: a process in which an agent causes an organic substance to break down into simpler substances; especially, the anaerobic breakdown of sugar into alcohol
- 1. ferment, seethe, boil
- usage: be in an agitated or excited state; "The Middle East is fermenting"; "Her mind ferments"
- 2. ferment, inflame, stir up, wake, ignite, heat, fire up
- usage: work up into agitation or excitement; "Islam is fermenting Africa"
- 3. ferment, work, convert
- usage: cause to undergo fermentation; "We ferment the grapes for a very long time to achieve high alcohol content"; "The vintner worked the wine in big oak vats"
- 4. sour, turn, ferment, work, change state, turn
- usage: go sour or spoil; "The milk has soured"; "The wine worked"; "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
All rights reserved.