WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. arrested development, fixation, infantile fixation, regression, abnormality, abnormalcy
- usage: an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
- 2. obsession, fixation, preoccupation
- usage: an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone
- 3. fixation, fastening, attachment
- usage: the activity of fastening something firmly in position
- 4. fixation, fixing, preservation
- usage: (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body
All rights reserved.
See also: fixation (Dictionary)