WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fixer, influence peddler, important person, influential person, personage
- usage: someone who intervenes with authorities for a person in trouble (usually using underhand or illegal methods for a fee)
- 2. fixing agent, fixer, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a chemical compound that sets or fixes something (as a dye or a photographic image)
- 3. mender, repairer, fixer, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: a skilled worker who mends or repairs things
- 4. methadone, methadone hydrochloride, methadon, dolophine hydrochloride, fixer, synthetic heroin, narcotic
- usage: synthetic narcotic drug similar to morphine but less habit-forming; used in narcotic detoxification and maintenance of heroin addiction
All rights reserved.
See also: fixer (Dictionary)