WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. musca volitans, muscae volitantes, floater, spots, symptom
- usage: spots before the eyes caused by opaque cell fragments in the vitreous humor and lens; "floaters seem to drift through the field of vision"
- 2. floater, debt instrument, obligation, certificate of indebtedness
- usage: a debt instrument with a variable interest rate tied to some other interest rate (e.g. the rate paid by T-bills)
- 3. vagrant, drifter, floater, vagabond, wanderer, roamer, rover, bird of passage, poor person, have-not
- usage: a wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support
- 4. floater, employee
- usage: an employee who is reassigned from job to job as needed
- 5. floater, voter, elector
- usage: a voter who votes illegally at different polling places in the same election
- 6. floater, swimmer, natator, bather
- usage: a swimmer who floats in the water
- 7. floater, object, physical object
- usage: an object that floats or is capable of floating
- 8. floater, floating policy, policy, insurance policy, insurance
- usage: an insurance policy covering loss of movable property (e.g. jewelry) regardless of its location
All rights reserved.
See also: floater (Dictionary)