Synonyms of frank
- 1. Frank, European
- usage: a member of the ancient Germanic peoples who spread from the Rhine into the Roman Empire in the 4th century
- 2. frank, frankfurter, hotdog, hot dog, dog, wiener, wienerwurst, weenie, sausage
- usage: a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
- 1. postmark, frank, stamp
- usage: stamp with a postmark to indicate date and time of mailing
- 2. frank, excuse, relieve, let off, exempt
- usage: exempt by means of an official pass or letter, as from customs or other checks
- 1. blunt, candid, forthright, frank, free-spoken, outspoken, plainspoken, point-blank, straight-from-the-shoulder, direct (vs. indirect)
- usage: characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer"; "I gave them my candid opinion"; "forthright criticism"; "a forthright approach to the problem"; "tell me what you think--and you may just as well be frank"; "it is possible to be outspoken without being rude"; "plainspoken and to the point"; "a point-blank accusation"
- 2. frank, obvious (vs. unobvious)
- usage: clearly manifest; evident; "frank enjoyment"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of frank (Dictionary)