- 1. freelancer, freelance, free-lance, free lance, independent, self-employed person, worker
- usage: a writer or artist who sells services to different employers without a long-term contract with any of them
- 1. freelance, work, do work
- usage: work independently and on temporary contracts rather than for a long-term employer
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. freelance (vs. salaried), free-lance, self-employed
- usage: working for yourself
- 2. mercenary(prenominal), free-lance(prenominal), freelance(prenominal), paid (vs. unpaid)
- usage: serving for wages in a foreign army; "mercenary killers"
All rights reserved.
See also: freelance (Dictionary)