Synonyms of freezing
- 1. freeze, freezing, cooling, chilling, temperature reduction, phase change, phase transition, state change, physical change
- usage: the withdrawal of heat to change something from a liquid to a solid
- 1. freeze, stop dead, stand still
- usage: stop moving or become immobilized; "When he saw the police car he froze"
- 2. freeze, change state, turn
- usage: change to ice; "The water in the bowl froze"
- 3. freeze, suffer
- usage: be cold; "I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
- 4. freeze, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to freeze; "Freeze the leftover food"
- 5. freeze, suspend, interrupt, break
- usage: stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it; "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
- 6. freeze
- usage: be very cold, below the freezing point; "It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
- 7. freeze, freeze out, freeze down, solidify
- usage: change from a liquid to a solid when cold; "Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit"
- 8. freeze, block, immobilize, immobilise, withhold, keep back
- usage: prohibit the conversion or use of (assets); "Blocked funds"; "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
- 9. freeze, anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put under, put out
- usage: anesthetize by cold
- 10. freeze, act, behave, do
- usage: suddenly behave coldly and formally; "She froze when she saw her ex-husband"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of freezing (Dictionary)