Synonyms of searing
- 1. sear, scorch, heat, heat up
- usage: make very hot and dry; "The heat scorched the countryside"
- 2. scorch, sear, singe, burn, combust
- usage: become superficially burned; "my eyebrows singed when I bent over the flames"
- 3. char, blacken, sear, scorch, burn
- usage: burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color; "The cook blackened the chicken breast"; "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"; "the flames scorched the ceiling"
- 4. parch, sear, dry, dry out
- usage: cause to wither or parch from exposure to heat; "The sun parched the earth"
- 1. searing, critical (vs. uncritical)
- usage: severely critical
All rights reserved.