- 1. spatter, spattering, splatter, splattering, sputter, splutter, sputtering, noise
- usage: the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
- 2. dab, splash, splatter, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small quantity of something moist or liquid; "a dab of paint"; "a splatter of mud"; "just a splash of whiskey"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spill, slop, splatter, move, displace
- usage: cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container; "spill the milk"; "splatter water"
- 2. spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
All rights reserved.
See also: splatter (Dictionary)