- 1. cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition; "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
- 2. cry, yell, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate); "a cry of rage"; "a yell of pain"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- 2. yell, scream, shout
- usage: utter or declare in a very loud voice; "You don't have to yell--I can hear you just fine"
All rights reserved.
See also: yell (Dictionary)