Calendar: Ask the Fact Monster Questions
- I'm looking for the list of gifts for each anniversary year. Such as 1st year = paper etc. Could you please tell me where I can find it?
- I am in the 7th grade and I am doing a report on my life story. Can you help me find 10 events that happened in 1986?
- What was the date of Mother's Day and Father's Day in 1934?
- Why does February have 29 days every 4 years.
- When is Nurses' Day observed?
- I am looking for the longest and shortest days of the year. Can you please help me?
- I was browsing your web site hoping to find a section that would help me with my son's baby book. My son was born in 1997 and I'd like to put some trivia in his book for when he looks at it years later. I don't want it by month (which is what I found on your site). I just want to know things like: Best selling books of 1997, Popular entertainers, Popular magazines, Biggest Headlines, Top movies, Top songs, etc. Is there anywhere on your site that I can find such information? I'm having another baby any day now and will need the same information for 1998.
- How do I find what time the Sun will rise and set on a particular day: October 4th?
- What gift or color signifies a tenth anniversary? (For example, the color representing the 25th anniversary is silver.)
- Your 2/11/1731 O.S. date of birth for George Washington is off by one year. It should be 2/11/1732 O.S.
- What year did we start Daylight Saving Time?
- I'm in the 8th grade, and I am doing a report for history. I need five different events for every year of my life. Where can I find some news headlines for the years 1987-99?
- Why was February named February? How were the other months of the year named?
- What is Festivus?